As per Shastra’s :
।। अष्टवक्त्रो महासेन साद्देवो विनायको एरामदिनि पापानि हन्ति सर्वानी धारणात्। विघ्नास्तस्य प्रनशयन्ति याति चान्ते परम् पदम् ।।
श्रीमद देवीभागवतम स्क ११, अ ३, श्लो ३१
8 Mukhi Rudraksha is Lord Ganesh (Vinayak). All sins of the wearer get absolved and obstacles removed.
Shrimad Devi Bhagavatam Chapter. 11, Shloka. 31
Essence of Eight Mukhi Rudraksha:
The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha is graced by Lord Ganesh. He is the Pratham Pujya, the deity who is always invoked first before undertaking any kind of work. His presence is known to bestow intellect with wisdom, stability and removal of hindrances. Where Lord Ganesha is present all obstacles fall away. As per texts like Shrimad Devi Bhagwatam and Padma Purana Lord Karthikeya also blesses the 8 Mukhi Rudraksha. The Rudraksha Jabalo Upanishad mentions that the eight Vasus, eight divine mother Goddesses and Mother Ganga (the sacred river known for washing away sins) also bless this bead. The Shri Rudram a hymn that describes the magnificence of Lord Shiva opens with a prayer to Lord Ganesha first.
Benefits of wearing the 8 Mukhi Rudraksha :
- General Benefits: According to Shastras, that the wearer of this Rudraksha becomes victorious in life. The bead is said to change the opposing mindset of adversaries. Logical and analytical skills are considerably enhanced. Hurdles and obstacles are removed and all work is completed to experience success. It is also said that this Rudraksha makes the wearer emerge as a true winner. It protects the wearer from invisible enemies or hostile forces. Thus it ensures a barrier-free existence which results in definite success.
- Spiritual Benefits: Lord Ganesh is the first deity to be invoked irrespective of the nature of the task or undertaking. This practice denotes the auspiciousness of his presence. As per texts, His blessings bestow knowledge and keen intellect on the wearer. The Mooladhara / Base Chakra gets awakened and stabilized. The malefic effects of Rahu and Kaal Sarp Dosh are effectively kept in check.
- Health Benefits: It is said that lung, liver and stomach ailments are assisted by wearing 8 Mukhi Rudraksha. It also gives relief to ear, nose and throat related issues.
Who should wear the Eight Mukhi Rudraksha:
The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha bestows the wearer with an analytical mind. This in turn leads to better comprehension and understanding. Sins accrued by compulsive lying get condoned when a person wears an 8 Mukhi. The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha serves as a magnet for drawing fame, artistic excellence and prosperity. This Rudraksha is known to control the malefic effects of Rahu. The planet Rahu is known for his mastery in illusion and occult thereby causing major confusion. Confusion leads to delay and lack of appropriate solutions. The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha breaks this pattern for the wearer thereby blessing him with keen intellect to overcome obstacles.
A combination of the 8 Mukhi Rudraksha with the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha is used to nullify the effects of Rahu and Shani Dosh. People complaining of unexpected delays, obstacles and failures in life must wear this combination for relief.
The 8 Mukhi Rudraksha is a sacred talisman that bestows focus and grounding. This in turn draws endeavours that give fortunate outcomes. Scriptures state that higher levels of Riddhi and Siddhi become accessible to the wearer. If human life is a sacred map then chalking an obstacle free path is done only by the blessings of Lord Ganesh. Wear the 8 Mukhi Rudraksha to experience this on a journey that is divinely guided for favourable outcomes.
Story of Shakti Ganesh
Once there was an Asura named Analasura who was the son of Yama. He could burn or scorch anything with the fire emitting from his eyes. He decided to turn his fiery vision towards the Rishis who were performing Yagna and offering oblation to Devatas and deities. He wreaked havoc burning down ashrams and destroying the Havankunds. The Devatas tried to stop him but could not. When Lord Ganesha came to know of this he rushed to the ashram and swallowed Analasura in one gulp. There ended the distress caused to the pure and pious. All worship and rituals could now take place in an obstacle free manner. It is also stated that when the ministers of Bhandasura set up devious Yantras to subdue the power of Shaktis Lord Ganesha appeared as Shakti Ganesh and shattered these Yantras with his tusks breaking them to pieces. Thus it is seen that Lord Ganesh always rushes to help those distressed by obstacles.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.