As per Shastra’s :
।। चतुर्दश्मुखश्चाक्षो रुद्रनेत्र समुद्भवः सर्व-व्यधिहश्चैव सर्वारोग्य प्रदायकः ।।
श्री मद देवीभागवतम स्क ११, अ. ७, श्लोक ३१९
Fourteen Mukhi Rudraksha is derived from the eyes of Lord Rudra. It removes all obstacles and offers total health.
Sri Mad Devi Bhagavatam, Chapter. 7, Shloka. 319
Essence of Fourteen Mukhi Rudraksha:
14 Mukhi Rudraksha bead is referred to as Deva Mani or Maha Shani in the Shastras. When tears fell from the eyes of lord Shiva it is believed that the 14 Mukhi originated from the tears that fell from his third eye. This divine bead is therefore called as the controller of the third eye/Ajna chakra. This Chakra is located in between the eyebrows and is the seat of intuition. Thus, the wearer of this Rudraksha is blessed with an intuitive mind for making sound judgements. This helps him / her to execute any plan or action and achieve success in the endevours.
As per scriptures, This Rudraksha improves the present, it sublimates the sins of past karmas right and bestows a positive, bright future. He is also blessed with supreme decision making skills that ensure success. This Rudraksha helps the wearer procure the grace of Lord Shiva and Lord Hanuman. Lord Shiva is addressed as “Omkaara Bindu Samyuktam” and “Mahadev” (God of Gods).
Benefits of wearing the 14 Mukhi Rudraksha
- General Benefits: It is said that this bead nullifies the malefic effects of both Mars and Saturn. It is good for overall luck. It enhances and energizes the Ajna Chakra thereby improving intuition. It is also said that this leads to right and quick decision making that results in successful outcomes. It is the most recommended talisman for people in land and construction business, industrialists and high authority professionals. Even people dealing in equity, mutual funds options and derivatives are advised to wear this for success in speculative transaction.
- Spiritual Benefits: As per texts, when you wear a 14 Mukhi on your third eye during meditation it helps open up the Guru Chakra/ Ajna chakra. The third eye enables a person to see the future by giving valuable insights. This improves intuitive guidance enabling the wearer to connect to the past, present and future. It is said that it shields the wearer from negativity or disturbances during spiritual practices.
- Health benefits: It is believed that this bead aids in strengthening the muscles and bones in the body. It is good for people suffering arthritis, piles and obesity and other chronic ailments.
Who should wear the Fourteen Mukhi Rudraksha:
The 14 mukhi Rudraksha is a rare bead whose demand by far exceeds its supply. It is believed that a tree that bears the 14 mukhi is said to have sprung up from the teardrop that fell from the third eye of Lord Shiva. This makes this exquisite bead rare, powerful and expensive. This bead is the only one that is placed on top of a Shivling during worship as compared to others placed around the Shivling on the Yoni base.
As pert texts, the wearer of the 14 mukhi never fails in decision making. This bead increases his intuitive power. The 14 mukhi is good for protection during travelling, confidence and inner strength. It ensures stable growth to the wearer. It is good for speculators, investors, risk managers, people from iron and steel industry and businessmen. It improves overall luck, intuition and facilitates quick decision making leading to successful outcomes.
Lord Hanuman and 14 mukhi Rudraksha
Lord Hanuman is an Avatar of Lord Shiva. His birth was for the sole purpose of aiding good people while destroying evil. Lord Surya is his Guru and he was blessed by all the Gods. Lord Hanuman fought on Lord Rama’s side. He helped Lord Rama fight the war against the mighty Ravana to get back Sita Devi. Lord Hanuman flew across the mighty ocean to find Devi Sita. He set Lanka on fire before leaving to inform Lord Rama. He brought the Sanjeevini herb to revive Lakshman when he was fatally injured. Lord Hanuman was devoted to Lord Ram. So intense was his dedication that no evil power could even touch Hanuman.
Lord Hanuman can negate the malefic effects of both Mars and Saturn. Thus the 14 mukhi is the only bead that simultaneously nullifies the malefic effect of both these planets. The 14 mukhi confer the blessing of Lord Mahadev as well as Lord Hanuman who himself is blessed by all the Devatas. These energies bless the 14 mukhi thereby granting it the status of the Devamani in the world of Rudraksha.
Important Note :
Note that the third eye / Ajna Chakra in the human body is denoted by two petals containing Beeja (seed) Mantras viz, the right and the left petals corresponds with the “Ham” and Ksham” respectively. In the centre of these petals is the “Om” Beeja Mantra that denotes the infinite energy of Lord Shiva. Thus the 14 mukhi encases the power of Lord Shiva, which can develop the higher mind and intuition.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.