As per Shastra’s :
।। ग्रहाश्च पिशाचाश्च वेताल ब्रह्मराक्षासा: पन्नगाश्चोशाम्यन्ति दशवक्त्रस्य धारणात् ।।
श्रीमद देवीभागवतम, अ. ४, श्लो. २३
Malefic and malevolent forces do not disturb the person, if he is wearing a 10 Mukhi Rudraksha. Thus he can focus on his spiritual practices, unhindered.
Shrimad Devi Bhagavatam Chapter. 4, Shloka. 23
Essence of Ten Mukhi Rudraksha:
Wearing the 10 Mukhi Rudraksha is the closest you can get to Lord Vishnu and experience his protection in day to day life.
As per our scriptures, 10 Mukhi Rudraksha is effective for cleansing and balancing all the Chakras. Malefic and malevolent forces do not disturb the person if he is wearing a Ten Mukhi bead. Thus he can focus on his spiritual practices, unhindered.
The 10 Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Lord Vishnu. The Hindu Trinity consists of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. Here Vishnu (Narayana / Krishna) is in charge of protection and sustenance of all living beings in the universe. Lord Vishnu takes ten Avatars in each of the Maha Yuga after a Pralaya and therefore the 10 Mukhi represents the Dasa Avatars of Lord Vishnu. Lord Shiva himself assigned the 10 Mukhi Rudraksha to Narayana Krishna. The Shrimad Devi Bhagwatam and Mantra Maharnava mention this. However the Rudraksha Jabalo Upanishad mentions that this bead is blessed by Yamraaj (the God of death) and the guardians of the 10 directions (10 Dikpals).
Benefits of wearing the 10 Mukhi Rudraksha :
- General Benefits: It is believed that it tones down the malefic effects of the Navgrahas (nine planets) and the Kaal Sarp Dosh. It is a good tool to remove pessimistic thoughts and negative energies. It is said to be effective to win over adversaries and to overcome legal disputes. The 10 Mukhi hanging is also good for rectifying and toning down Vaastu Dosha. Known as the Dosh Nivaran it is a much sought after product.
- Spiritual Benefits: As per texts, All the Chakra are awakened, stabilized and balanced. Since it is effective in removing negative energy, the evil entities do not disturb a person when he / she is engaged in spiritual activities.
- Health Benefits: A 10 Mukhi Rudraksha is said to be effective in strengthening the immune system and to be helpful in skin and stomach-related issues.
Who should wear the Ten Mukhi Rudraksha:
All existence cannot be perceived by human sight but just like light, darkness also exists. The existence of negative energies has been mentioned in our ancient scriptures. It is only divine intervention that protects humans from these unperceivable negative energies. Betaals, discarnate entities, shadow entities, evil spirits and Brahmarakshas keep away from the house or the person who wears the 10 Mukhi Rudraksha. The effects of black magic and evil eye are nullified. Fear caused by lower, darker beings or a feeling of someone standing behind is done away with. This divine Rudraksha eliminates suffering caused by the malefic effects of all 9 planets mentioned in Vedic astrology. Thus the 10 Mukhi Rudraksha is the ultimate shield of protection that averts unnatural and untimely death while simultaneously combating negative forces as per texts.
The other energies that bless this Rudraksha are Lord Karthikeya and Dus Mahavidya (the ten powerful Goddess of ultimate Knowledge). A wrong Vaastu of a house or office can really increase negativity and cause distress to the occupants. The 10 Mukhi Rudraksha is the bead to correct such distress caused by directional faults. A 10 Mukhi Rudraksha with Sphatik (clear quartz) beads is strung and hung in the premises to nullify such Doshas. This Dosh Nivaran hanging combats the negative energies and rids human life of misery caused by ill effects of jealousy, ghosts, evil eye and black magic.
Due to the grace of Lord Shiva and Narayana Krishna it dispenses courage to the wearer in the midst of dark entities or situations. It is very helpful in facing disputes, acts of enmity and resolving legal cases. This is the favourable bead to access Hari-Hara (Vishnu / Shiva) and can be kept in the place of worship to get their combined blessings. Since it is blessed by guardians of the 10 directions (Dikpals), Mahavidyas, Mahasen and Lord Vishnu it is advisable for those souls who are lost and fail to find direction in life and profession. Insomnia and instability of mind are also tackled by the efficacy of this bead.
Story of Devi Yognidra and Lord Vishnu
As per the Shrimad Devi Bhagwatam, Devi puts Vishnu into a deep slumber and from the wax of his ears Madhu and Kaitabha two Asuras emerge. These Asuras proceed to conquer Lord Brahma. Realising their power Brahma invokes Vishnu for help while asking Goddess Mahamaya to wake him up from this slumber. Devi Yognidra wakes up Vishnu who in turn battles the Asuras and slays them. Devi Shakti is the source of the Mahavidyas and Lord Vishnu is the source of the Dash Avatar. In each of the ten Avatars he slays or tames the Asuras while protecting his Bhaktas. He is the ultimate protector and he also has the aid of Devi when required.
A 10 Mukhi Rudraksha is rare in occurrence. When ten beads of 10 Mukhi Rudraksha are strung together and 1 bead of 1 Mukhi is attached to the combination it is known as the Narayan Kavach. This is a very powerful tool to win over any adversary when a legal dispute takes place.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.