As per Shastra’s :
॥ त्रयोदशमुखो विश्वे देवेस्तध्दारणान्नरः सर्वान्कामानवाप्नोति सौभाग्यं मगलं लभेत ||
शिव पुराण, अ. २५, श्लो. ७९
By wearing a 13 mukhi Rudraksha one attains fulfillment of all desires. & gains good fortune.
Shiva Purana Chapter. 25, Shloka. 79
Essence of Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha:
The 13 Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Kaamdev / Cupid. It is also blessed by Lord Indra and Mahalakshmi. This Rudraksha makes a person more expressive. This Rudraksha has a very high energy that results in attraction and expression. It is an ideal bead for politicians, retailers, sales and marketing professionals or business people who seek to attract and profit from the masses. It is the Rudraksha that should be worn by people who seek fulfilment of desires and worldly pleasures. As per the Padma Puran, the wearer of this bead is endowed with good luck and accomplishments.
Benefits of wearing the 13 Mukhi Rudraksha :
- General Benefits: It is believed that this bead provides the right vocal charm and power that enhances verbal communication. Argumentative and persuasive skills improve making an individual an extrovert. It enhances wit, charm and charisma and pushes up his personal magnetism. This Rudraksha is highly recommended for people in sales, marketing, public relations, artists and traders etc. It also gives riches accompanied by honour and fulfilled desires. Interpersonal relationships are positively enhanced.
- Spiritual Benefits: As per texts, the 13 Mukhi Rudraksha energizes the throat / Vishuddhi Chakra. It enhances the Chi / Pranshakti, in the Vishuddhi Chakra. Blockages and harmful residues in the physical plane are cleared when this Chakra is energized. Thus the complete power of the Vishuddhi Chakra is realised at optimum levels. Thus thoughts, emotions, consciousness and subconscious are purified and harmonised.
- Health Benefits: It is said to be beneficial for energizing the reproductive organs. The prostate glands in males are strengthened. It is highly effective in regulating the menstrual cycle in case of women who suffer from irregularities.
Who should wear the Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha :
As per scriptures, the wearer of 13 Mukhi wins the desired favours needed for material and spiritual fulfillment. Hinduism states that desire has no form but information on the 13 Mukhi clearly states that these desires are manifested for the wearer of the 13 Mukhi. The right amount of balance between holding a desire, attracting the relevant resources and the passion to achieve is bestowed by the 13 Mukhi Rudraksha.
The 13 Mukhi Rudraksha begins an alchemical and divine process that exhibits tremendous powers of attraction. The wearer gets to enjoy his life to the fullest potential. The luxuries of physical and metaphysical realms are thoroughly enjoyed by him. It is also known to attract forgiving divine energy to those who are remorseful for their sins.
The functioning of the 13 Mukhi is exactly similar to the deity who rules this bead! The 13 Mukhi Rudraksha confers luxuries, riches and bestows desire fulfilments. Kaamdev is pleased with the wearer and grants him accomplishments. It is also helpful for meditation and spiritual attainments that are occurring simultaneously with material benefits. The malefic effects of Venus are nullified as per Astrology.
The 13 Mukhi Rudraksha enhances charisma and charm providing a witty countenance. It brightens the auric field of the wearer, increases his attractiveness quotient and draws people towards the wearer. This is the divine bead of a confident, charming extroverted personality who can engage and entice people with the power of words.
The 13 Mukhi is a must wear for those who are involved in mass communication. Leaders, senior marketing professionals, traders, finance professionals and preachers benefit from wearing this bead.
Story of Kaamdev :
As per the Shastras, Kaamdev is a very enchanting and handsome deity. His mere presence could turn heads and hold people in a state of enchantment. He is also known as Kandarpa (God of passion and love). Lord Brahma, the creator blessed him saying that the 5 arrows given to him along with Vasant (a season abundant with greenery and blossoms) would ensure that when his arrows found their mark no God or human could resist his charm.
It was this very same boon that Kamdev used to disturb Lord Shiva’s penance so that Goddess Parvati would be noticed by him. It is only because of his intervention that Lord Shiva finally married Goddess Parvati and became a householder. Another myth states that when Lord Indra lost his kingdom and Goddess Mahalakshmi deserted him he was advised by Brihaspati (Guru of the Gods) and Lord Brahma to wear the 13 Mukhi graced by Kaamdev. Thus he retrieved the grace of Goddess Mahalakshmi and his kingdom after wearing it.
Rules for wearing and how to maintain your Rudraksha :
- Wash your Rudraksha with water and oil the Rudraksha using a soft brush preferably once a month using almond oil.
- Chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ before wearing the Mala the next day.
- Remove Rudraksha Mala while engaging in sexual intercourse and while visiting funeral grounds.
- We at Rudralife, suggest that one can remove Rudraksha Mala while consuming non vegetarian food and alcohol and wear it afterwards. Though our scriptures also highlight that they can be worn all the time without any restrictions.
- Women can wear Rudraksha and is their choice whether they wish to remove the Mala during menstrual cycles. As per our scriptures, there are no such restrictions and women can wear Rudraksha without any worries.
- To energise the Rudraksha Mala, touch it to a shivling and chant ‘Om Namah Shivaye’ 11 times. If possible, try to do a Rudrabhishek of the Rudraksha when possible.
- Do try to refrain from wearing a Rudraksha Mala worn by others and keep a Mala separate for Japa and for wearing.